Pitch pine from close by to the historic Dyan Mill, built in 1829.
The design is hand burnt, a depiction of DR 66, the Aarhus Mask Stone. The stone features an inscription around the mask, which appears to be for protection.
Translated that inscription reads "Gunnulfr and Eygautr/Auðgautr and Áslakr and Hrólfr raised this stone in memory of Fúl, their partner, who died when kings fought."
top of page
bottom of page